Summer might be over but I like September and the approach of Autumn. Here are 7 reasons why I like September.
1. Cosy knitwear – I love my knitwear and now the weather is getting a bit cooler I can wear my chunky cardigans. I have quite a collection of new and vintage knits which I am looking forward to wearing.
2. Leather boots – Cosy cardies go well with leather boots. Ankle or knee high it’s time to get them out from the back of the wardrobe.
3. Favourite TV shows restarting – September is the time when all the good TV programmes start. I have to admit my geeky side is super excited for the new series Doctor Who.
4. Baking – I don’t really feel like standing over a hot stove in the summer so now is the time I bake more. Plus the colder weather makes that comfort food more appealing.
5. Back to school stationery – It has been a little while since I went to school but the urge to go out and buy some new stationery every September remains. Since my son has started has school I can now relive this…except his stationery has more Minions on than I would have chosen.
6. Autumn walks – Nature seems to change rapidly in Autumn. The leaves change colour and fall, berries appear and it is still warm enough to keep your toes while you’re out.
7. Stargazing – Make the most of the darker evenings and to go outside and look at the stars. I like to look for the Milky Way and passing satellites.
What do you like about Autumn?