I had a little blogging break but I am back with a bright and bold DIY necklace. This necklace is up of some lovely czech glass beads and super thin sterling silver chain.
I used 6mm faceted fire polished beads in a huge range of colours and a few 6mm smooth round shell beads just to break it up a bit. I listed the colours I used in the “you will need” section in the tutorial below but obviously use whatever colours you like. Just keep the sizes the same and use a few white round beads the same size to stop it becoming too overwhelming.
The chain is 0.5mm beading chain which I bought off eBay. You need some little chain ends to attach the clasp. This is simply squished on to the end of the chain with a pair of chain nose pliers.
My necklace is three strands of beads added to 1 clasp. You could make the strands into separate necklaces and then decide how many you want to wear.
You will need;
x25 6mm round czech glass beads in saturated pumpkin;
x25 6mm round czech glass beads in saturated hyacinth;
x25 6mm round czech glass beads in saturated lavender;
x25 6mm round czech glass beads in saturated lemongrass;
x25 6mm round czech glass beads in saturated peach;
x25 6mm round czech glass beads in saturated turquoise mint;
x25 6mm round czech glass beads in heavy metal silver;
x25 6mm round czech glass beads in mint alabaster;
x25 6mm round czech glass beads in coral pink;
x25 6mm round czech glass beads red;
x1 strand of 6mm white shell beads;
150cm 0.5mm beading chain;
x6 chain ends;
x4 jump rings;
x2 pairs of chain nose pliers;
1. Cut the chain into 3 equal lengths using a pair of wire cutters.
2. Something like this!
3. Using a pair of chain nose pliers add a chain end to one end of each piece of chain.
4. Get your beads.
5. Thread them on to the chain. Try and keep it random. You only need to fill about half the length of the chain.
6. Once all your beads are on add chain ends to all your length of chains.
7. Add all the ends on to one jump ring. Don’t worry too much about the order you put the ends on. Add a clasp to one of the jump rings.
8. And you are all finished!